MASALA RICE


Sometimes we are so confused about what to do with the leftover rice. I usually prepare lemon rice or tomato rice or garlic pepper rice. When I was school going, kid, my mom used to prepare some variety rice before I used to return back from school in evening. My mom used to prepare masala rice too with afternoon leftover rice. Today I am sharing this recipe with you all.

Ingredients:
1 cup leftover rice
1/2 onion finely chopped
4-5 garlic cloves crushed
1/2 capsicum chopped
1/4 tsp mustard seeds
Few curry leaves
1 red chilli
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/4 tsp garam masala
Few coriander leaves 
Salt
Oil

Method:
1. In a pan add oil, mustard seeds, few curry leaves, red chilli. Once the mustard seeds splutter add onions, garlic cloves and fry until they turn light brown. Add all the spice powders and mix well. 
2. Add capsicum and saute for 2-3 mins. Finally, add rice, required salt and mix well. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve hot and enjoy!!!


Comments