GHEE RICE(COCONUT MILK RICE)

Ghee Rice is one of the variety rice which goes well with any non veg or veg gravies. Whenever I make ghee rice I usually prepare chicken gravy or mushroom gravy. Kids too love ghee rice. It is very aromatic. I also call this as coconut milk rice because I have used coconut milk instead of water. I have prepared this recipe by using pressure cooker. I have learnt this recipe from my mother-in-law.

Ingredients:
1 cup sona masoori rice or basmati rice(soaked in water for 15 - 20 mins)
4-5 garlic cloves finely chopped
1 bay leaf
1/4 tsp cumin seeds
2-3 green chillies
4-5 cloves
2-3 cardamom
7-8 cashew nuts 
few curry leaves
1/2 onion finely chopped
2 tbsp mint leaves finely chopped
2 cups of coconut milk extracted from fresh coconut
3 tbsp ghee
1 tbsp oil
salt

Method:
1. In a pressure cooker add ghee, oil, bay leaf, cumin seeds, cloves, cardamom, curry leaves, cashew nuts and saute for 2 mins. 
2. Add chopped onions, garlic, green chillies and fry until onions and garlic turns golden brown. Next add mint leaves and fry for 2 mins. Add soaked rice and mix well.
3. Add coconut milk, requires salt and mix well. Pressure cook for 2-3 whistles. Switch off the flame. Once the pressure releases open the cooker and mix slowly from bottom. Serve hot.

Enjoy with any non veg or veg gravy!!!

Comments