CHICKEN BIRYANI

Chicken Biryani is one of the favorite recipe of my family. My daughter and my husband likes a lot. I learnt this recipe from my husband's cousin, my sister-in-law. She cooks very delicious food. After marriage I did not know how to prepare chicken Biryani. She is the one who taught me this recipe step by step procedure in skype call ;). I will share the same steps here.

Ingredients:
1 lb chicken
1 1/2 cup of seeraga samba rice or basmati rice(soak in water for 20 mins)
5-6 small or sambar onions
1 inch cinamon
4-5 cloves
2-3 cardamoms
7-8 garlic cloves
1/2 inch ginger
4-5 red chillies(as per your taste)



 Ingredients For Seasoning:
1 bay leaf
1/2 onion(chopped)
1-2 green chillies
1 tomato
1/2 tbsp biryani Masala powder(I used Aachi )
1 handful of mint leaves
salt



Method:
1. Wash the chicken nicely in water and keep it aside.
2. Grind all the ingredients small onions, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, red chillies, ginger and garlic into to fine paste.


3. In a cooker add 3 tbsp oil, 1 tbsp ghee, bay leaf, onions and green chillies and fry until the onions turn light brown. Next add tomatoes and fry well until it is cooked. Add chicken, turmeric, salt and saute for 3 mins.



4. Next add mint leaves.



5. Now add grinded masala and saute it in between(close the lid) until the oil starts to separate.



6. Next add rice and mix well.



7. Add 2 cups of water and coriander leaves. Once it starts to boil stir once more and close the cooker. pressure cook for 2 whistles. Switch of the flame. Once the cooker cools down open the lid and stir gently. 

Serve hot and enjoy with onion raita or cucumber raita!!!!



Comments